In one year:
1. We have lived in 4 places.
2. Learned our way through visa paperwork and consulate visits.
3. Successfully lived through a 8 hour flight with 2 toddlers (we'll have 3 on the next flight)
4. Moved to a new country.
5. Found out we are having our third child (the 3rd within 4 years).
6. Went back to school.
7. "Settled down" for the first time in 5 1/2 years.
8. Learned how to live without a car.
9. Went through culture shock.
10. Bought our own furniture and appliances for the first time. We love Ikea!
11. Had our first minor surgery in the family, and thus learned a new hospital system.
12. Relearned how to cook with French ingredients.
13. Found that life in the big city isn't all that bad.
14. Visited some of the most popular tourist sites in the world. Right in our own city!
15. Saw a toddler grow into a little girl, and a baby boy grow into a toddler.
16. Began building relationships with French neighbors.
17. Were reminded that Christ is our strength and hope through all of life's circumstances. He is why we are here, and He gives us the joy with which to make it through.
As I look back on this year; it is obvious that God was with us giving us encouragement and strength. We miss our family and friends (and I will admit that I miss Target and other convenient stores). But the blessing of knowing that we are in God's will far outweighs any challenges or changes we face. We are excited to see the new changes and memories that God brings us in the new year!
Here are my favorite new pictures of the kiddos. May God bless you in the new year as you look forward to his plans for you.