Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Understanding Husband

So I just wanted to take a couple of minutes and say that I have the greatest husband in the world! No he didn't get me flowers or take me to a fancy restaurant (although he does that occasionally); he did something much better!

We were coming home late from our team devotions on the metro tonight, and we ended up getting into a car with 3 guys who were half drunk. Once you have decided on a car; you don't have time to get off. They didn't bother us, but they were loud. A few stops later two other guys got into our car. I immediately got the "woman's intuition" that we needed to get off right away. The situation was making me extremely jittery. Anyway, I looked at Jonathan and simply said, "we need to get off at the next stop." He didn't question me or give me a funny look. He just said, "ok". Once we were off the train he asked what was up. I told him and he said he understood. Now you have to understand that this is not an easy thing for Jonathan. When it comes to going anywhere Jonathan is very intent on taking the most direct and the fastest route possible. It was late and we had tired kids, but he listened despite the fact that it probably would have seemed ridiculous to anyone else besides myself. Tonight I feel so very loved and protected. Thank you, Jonathan.

God gave me the most amazing man. I am always proud of him, but it's times like this when I just have to sit back and say, "Wow! Thank you God for my husband."

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blessing he is. I understand how that would make a woman feel loved and secure. However, I have a question? Where did he get the thing about going the direct route??? His dad would go all over the map! LOL

    ReplyDelete