Sunday, June 7, 2009

This Week's Adventures

Results of following my little guides--Claire and Matthew

Monday--We took an evening walk to the Eiffel Tower (it's only a 30 minute walk). Claire was really excited about a fountain in front of the Tower, so I bent down to her level to look at it. It's true! The fountain looks way cooler at her level.

Wednesday--There is a large jogging park/garden 10 minutes away from our apartment. We spent some time on the play equipment, kicked the soccer ball around (big pastime over here), and watched the barges on the river. What was the best part??? Walking through all the little sidewalk overhangs on the way back home. It was a big line of tunnels!!!!

Thursday--We had another small run to Ikea that resulted in boxes everywhere. I can't stand clutter, so I was a little annoyed. But I had to laugh when Matthew hoped inside of one of the larger boxes and stood there smiling like it was the best toy ever. Then he squeezed inside of a smaller box and decided that it was just right for a little car. No, I did not play in the boxes; but I kind of wanted to. :)

Sunday--Walking downtown (very wealthy downtown) on the way back from church we went past the ugliest dog ever! However, I think it's one of those really ugly dogs that people pay a lot of money for. The weirdest thing was that he matched the family he was with, and I'm pretty sure the sweater was cashmere. Claire was the first to notice it, and Jonathan and I had to try really hard not to laugh! It was just not natural.

This week has still been full of "learning" experiences, but it's been a lot more fun to "stop and smell the roses" with the kiddos.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your precious adventures! How nice to read such a pleasant journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting us in on all the little things too, Sarah! We are praying for you guys and are excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete