Friday, November 13, 2009

Baby

I realized that I hadn't written anything about baby #3 on here. For those of you that don't know we are expecting baby number 3 towards the end of April. We are super excited. Although, it does mean that we will have 3 kids ages 3 and under! Wow! We are around the 18 week mark right now due towards the end of April, and it feels so good to be here. I'm sure all you moms understand! The morning sickness is over and the cute "pregnancy look" is beginning. In just a couple of weeks the little butterfly kicks will be felt. The second trimester really is one of the best times of pregnancy and maybe even life! It's such a miracle that God performs inside our bodies!

Claire and Matthew have very different reactions (As usual, they are my little opposites!). Claire wants the baby out yesterday and keeps asking, "Mommy, when is the baby going to pop out of your belly?" lol. She is quite excited to teach Baby everything she knows. Matthew doesn't really pay attention until I call him "baby boy." Then he is quick to remind me that Baby is "in there" (pointing to my belly). Ooops, I guess I'm going to have to find another nickname for him.

Secrecy on Baby's sex is what we are going for this time. We found out with Claire and Matthew, so I really want to keep this one a secret. Especially since we already have plenty of clothes for either boy or girl (although I'm positive it is a boy. Don't know why, but I'm sure of it.) Also, I'm finding that once you have a couple of kids you figure out what is most important about the birth and the first couple of weeks. Down time and enjoying the new little life is really most amazing thing! Extreme planning (as those with my personalities tend to do) really doesn't matter when you are all snuggled into bed in the morning nursing one baby and talking to the others. Who cares if the clothes are arranged by size and colors and the diapers are perfectly in order. Those moments before and after baby come go by in a blink of an eye! All of that said. I'm sure I will still have everything as clean and ready as possible before Baby comes. I'll just try not to go overboard this time. :) It's hard to get rid of that "Martha" personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment