Monday, August 24, 2009

Claire's New (only) Joke

So we do A LOT of walking in Paris. Some of the time Claire rides on her buggy board or in the double stroller with Matthew. However, there are instances where we make her walk. It is not unusual to hear, "Mommy, my leg hurts will you carry me?" Most of the time my answer is, "No, you are big enough to walk for a couple of blocks." I guess she got used to the answer and decided to have some fun with it. A couple of weeks ago we were walking to the metro and she, as expected, said, "Mommy my leg hurts." There was then a slight pause, a funny look, and....."will you carry my leg?!" She then burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing. I have to say that I laughed pretty hard too. I didn't think it was too bad of a joke for a 3 year old.

Needless to say, that is now the joke she uses every time she has to walk.

1 comment: